Make this easy, incredibly delicious homemade bourbon cranberry sauce. Let’s just be honest: nothing beats homemade cranberry sauce during the holidays, well, except for homemade bourbon cranberry sauce. This cranberry sauce is delicious and— sorry —not for the kids— this is GROWN-ASS CRANBERRY SAUCE!
Shirataki ramen noodles (keto ramen) can be the answer to everyone’s low-carb, keto, paleo ramen question. If you love ramen but you don’t love the high carb and high calorie count that comes with most ramen experiences, keep reading.
This pan seared salmon recipe is a simple and so useful to have in your back pocket. It is a perfect standard protein for quick weeknight meals, lunches for work or even for special occasions. With a few ingredients and a few minutes delicious salmon could be the answer to your hunger question. Salmon pairs well with so many dishes and this recipe yields a salmon that is flavorful yet versatile enough to add to other dishes such as salads and other veggie side dishes. It’s also a winner with numerous health benefits including being rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, an excellent source of protein, high in B vitamins and antioxidants.
I highly recommend wild caught salmon purchased from your local farmer’s market. If you’re looking for a delicious side to pair this with this please check out my recipes for Cauliflower Fried Rice and Roasted Asparagus. If you’re feeling like a Surf n’ turf moment then you MUST prepare this with my Blackened Ribeye Steak recipe.
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Herbs of your choice
- Pat dry salmon fillets then drizzle with lemon juice.
- Sprinkle the fillets with salt, pepper and paprika and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Place a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and add oil. When oil appears to be hot gently place the salmon fillets in the skillet with the skin side facing up. Gently press into each fillet with the back of a spatula intermittently while it cooks, allowing an even surface layer to crisp, approximately 4 minutes. Flip each fillet over and repeat the process of gently pressing the spatula into the fillet allowing the skin side to crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Add butter to the skillet, allowing it to melt and quickly baste the salmon. Remove from skillet, top with herbs and serve immediately.
Although the instructions are for pan frying, this recipe can be easily translated to an outdoor grill or BBQ pit. The same cooking times apply. This salmon is also a perfect add into a leafy green salad.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 560 Total Fat: 38g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 26g Cholesterol: 151mg Sodium: 744mg Carbohydrates: 2g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 0g Protein: 50g
These crispy buffalo wings are spicy, delectable, savory and have a crispy crunch that will keep you going back for more! These chicken wings are a low-carb, keto and paleo appetizer that is perfect for game day, baby showers, potlucks or just because!
Make this simple and tasty keto, low-carb and paleo roasted asparagus recipe with a few ingredients and delicious results. It is asparagus season y’all, so why not bask in all its glory? I’ve been playing with asparagus a lot in the kitchen lately since its one of the hand full of green veggies that my toddler will gladly eat. Asparagus is loaded with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and can have a positive impact on your health. Not to mention that I consider asparagus a ‘classy’ vegetable that can take a meal to the next level if prepared correctly. By correctly I mean full of flavor without masking its natural flavor and cooked to perfection— not too mushy and not too crunchy. This dish is perfect for brunch, a snack, a random or very intentional side dish and the list goes on! Get to marinating and roasting these beauties and enjoy. For more info on the health benefits of asparagus click here. For a helluva steak to accompany your asparagus click here for my Blackened Ribeye Steak recipe.
- 2 pounds Asparagus
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly cracked
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 of one medium red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a large baking sheet.
- Wash and pat asparagus dry.
- Trim tough ends of asparagus off.
- Combine all ingredients except asparagus in a mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- Place asparagus in a ziplock bag, pour seasoning mixture on top, seal the bag and shake that puppy for dear life. Allow the asparagus to sit at room temperature for up to 30 minutes while you tidy up your kitchen.
- Place asparagus on the baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 151 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 1000mg Carbohydrates: 13g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 7g Protein: 5g
Are you looking for a low-carb or keto noodle solution? Shirataki noodles are the answer! What are shirataki noodles? Shirataki noodles are made from the Japanese konjac yam (aka glucomannan) and are almost zero carbs and zero calories!
Make this easy, vegan, low-carb, keto and delicious roasted cauliflower in minutes! This roasted cauliflower recipe can be a side dish for a weeknight dinner, weekday brunch or a savory appetizer! Roasted cauliflower is ideal to toss with greens for a salad or to just eat alone. You can follow the recipe as is or add additional spices and flavors of your choice as cauliflower easily absorbs flavor and is mild and neutral tasting on its own. Roasted cauliflower can be eaten warm, cold or room temperature. Roast up and enjoy!
- 1 Head Cauliflower, Any variety
- 1/4 Cup Olive oil, Extra virgin
- 2 Tsp Grey sea salt
- 1 Tsp White pepper
- 1 Tsp Smoked paprika
- 5 Cloves Garlic, Minced or pressed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Chop cauliflower into 1 inch size pieces and place in a large mixing bowl. In a small bowl combine all remaining ingredients and mix well. Add oil and seasoning mixture to cauliflower and toss until pieces are evenly coated. Place cauliflower on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
Any variety of cauliflower can be used for this recipe. In the photo for this recipe I used a combination of Purple of Sicily Cauliflower, White Cauliflower and Vitaverde Cauliflower.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163
This easy lamb apple breakfast sausage is perfect for breakfast or any meal of the day! It is savory and spicy with a hint of sweetness as the apples and spices compliment the lamb to pack a hearty flavor punch! This sausage is versatile as a main dish that serves well with eggs and toast, can be formed into meatballs to accompany pasta or vegetables and can stand alone as a low-carb and keto friendly meal.