Make this easy, delicious and chocolatey cacao chia seed pudding that is a great alternative to standard puddings that are made with high amounts of sugar and unhealthy fats. Its a great option for a light dessert or an afternoon snack. With cacao, chia seeds and honey, what could go wrong Honey??? This pudding can be topped with any of your favorite toppings: berries, nuts, marshmallows, a dash of rum: how fun is that?!?!?! It is also make a great breakfast or meal on the go option… no limits here!
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/3 cup cacao butter
- dash ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon seal salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 cups cashew milk, or milk of your choice
- assorted toppings of your choice: sliced almonds, strawberries, blueberries, etc.
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend for 3 minutes or until smooth, taking pause half way to scrape down sides of blender with a rubber scraper. as needed. Be certain that all ingredients are well blended.
- With a rubber scraper transfer pudding into 6 ramekins or small cups of your choice, cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator, uncover and sprinkle with toppings of your choice. Enjoy!
Although this recipe is delicious as written with cashew milk it can be substituted for full fat coconut milk, flax seed milk or any milk of your choice. If using a standard blended rather than a high speed, high powered one be sure to check for thorough blending, scrape down sides of blender and blend for 1-2 minutes longer, as needed. Feel free to up the cinnamon in here-- I lean towards a dash all the way up to 1/4 teaspoon!