Are you looking for a low-carb or keto noodle solution? Shirataki noodles are the answer! What are shirataki noodles? Shirataki noodles are made from the Japanese konjac yam (aka glucomannan) and are almost zero carbs and zero calories! Shirataki noodles can be the most satisfying answer to your noodle jones if prepared correctly. Seriously, what’s not to like? Shirataki noodles may seem like a bit of a task in preparation but are so worth the effort. The steps are simple and will leave you will noodles that are versatile and won’t wreck you diet. If you’re looking for a delicious sauce to accompany theses amazing noodles try topping them with Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce.
- 1. 7 ounce package of Shirataki noodles
- 2. 2 Tablespoons of kosher salt
- Open package of shirataki noodles and place in a strainer in sink. Run cold water on the noodles for 2-3 minutes while allowing water to drain off.
- Bring a 2 quart sauce pan 3/4 full of water and 2 tablespoons of salt to boil. Add rinsed and drained shirataki noodles and allow to boil for 10 minutes then drain.
- Place a large cast iron (preferably) or a non-stick skillet on medium-high heat. When skillet is hot add drained shirataki noodles and stir gently for approximately 3-5 minutes or until water has visibly evaporated and noodles begin to make bit of a ‘scream’ as you stir them, being careful not to over cook as they will begin to dehydrate and shrink.
- Remove noodles from pan and season/prepare as you prefer. For a delicious sauce accompaniment option click here to get the recipe to make Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce.